- Corporate Members
- Commercial Members
- Footage and Stills
- Production Managers and Production Co-ordinators
- Digital Production
- Graphics & VR
- Production Staff
- Trade Stall
Axel Drioli is listed under: Sound
Based: London, UK
Axel is an Immersive Audio designer, founder of Sounding Wild (Spatial Audio content creation and research for wildlife and conservation) and Spatial Audio Labs (Spatial Audio innovation and content creation), and currently working at Philharmonia Orchestra as Spatial Audio Producer for the ‘Audiences of the Future’ government-funded project.
He works on international 360, XR, and immersive installation projects, traveling all around the world, wherever cutting-edge 3D sound for good is needed. His work has been shown at SXSW, Seattle Film Festival, Sheffield Doc Fest, United Nations HQ (Bonn, Germany), Downing Street and Future of Storytelling Summit (NY, USA).
He focuses on conservation and wildlife sound, and how to create compelling experiences that bring awareness about the natural world. Axel has been researching and exploring the concepts of soundscape ecology, ecoacoustics and bioacoustics, creating immersive content combining his advanced and innovative audio-approaches and passion for nature.
His recent work includes ‘A Predicament of Pangolins’, ‘Gorillapalooza’ and ‘Big 5’ 360 Video experiences produced by Habitat XR, the latter for The Ellen Fund, by Ellen DeGeneres, the last two available on the main VR platforms to watch. His first directed piece ‘Life On The Edge VR’, a multi-delivery platform immersive experience about ex-poachers, rangers and the wildlife from the Cambodian rainforest is part of the official 2020 EarthXR selection, and it has been a finalist of the Virtual Noise competition at SXSW 2020.
His 3D audio techniques are not limited to 360 or VR content creation, he uses innovative technologies to get better recordings, in a shorter period of time and improving the workflow and flexibility of the content captured. A 360 wildlife recording creates a sphere of sound that he can then modify, chop, extract individual sound sources or even turn it to change the perspective of where the sounds are.
Recent Credits / Jobs
- Sounding Wild - Founder, Director, Wildlife 3D Sound specialist.
- Spatial Audio Labs - Founder, Director, Spatial Audio Recording, Design and Production.
- Life On The Edge (360 video) Director, Producer, Wildlife 3D Sound Recording. 2020, Sounding Wild x Spatial Audio Labs. EarthXR 2020 Official Selection.
- Gorillapalooza VR (360 video) - Spatial Audio foley, design and mix. 2019, produced by Habitat XR for The Ellen Fund. EarthXR 2020 Official Selection. Available to download from The Ellen Fund website and on Oculus TV.
- Big 5 (360 video) - Spatial Audio foley, design and mix. 2019, produced by Habitat XR. Available on Oculus TV.
- A Predicament of Pangolins (360 video) - Spatial Audio foley, design and mix. 2019, produced by Habitat XR. EarthXR 2020 Official Selection. Coming soon.
Contact This Member
Please enter your name, email address and a message to send to this member.